21 February 2011

Packing...

I'm getting on a plane on Friday! This time next week I'll be in Asia. It definitely does not feel real. It's been a while since I've been overseas so I'm kind of out-of-body right now. Haven't started packing yet. If I pack earlier than the night before I leave, I'll be stressed out at having a project "half finished"... which means instead I'm stressing out over all I have to do! :0)

My mind is so swirly right now that I don't feel like I have much to say writing-wise. Instead I'm wondering the answers to these two all important questions:

1) What is one item you always make sure to pack?

and

2) Is Cheese Whiz considered a liquid?


Just kidding about the second one! But I am curious as to your all-important item!

Me? Zip loc bags. All it took was 1 serious rainstorm where I learned the value of wrapping everything in plastic. I'm too cheap to afford travel cubes, so every trip I buy a new box of gallon-sized bags and use those to organize the contents of my suitcase.

Oh, and my camera, of course!

You?

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm....floss! And vitamins.

    Have fun in Asia, girl! You are a travelin' guru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super religious, I know, but I love bringing my bible even though half the time I don't read it. Then I always pack at least two fiction books to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hat. Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zip loc bags are my go-to packing item too! I'm already mentally packing for a trip I'll be this summer. Packing is half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toothbrush and lotion. I forgot lotion on my last trip and it was not pretty. Hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always use zip-loc bags too! ANd take a clothspin to hold the drapes together so the sun doesn't shine in the morning:))
    Take care and enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tylenol or Advil and a few tampons (just in case). Zip-loc bags are a must for me too. And definitely sunscreen. Never leave home without it. :)
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am addicted to ziplocks, too. I use them over and over. But the one thing I'm never without, stinky medicine. Yes, that is the official name. If you haven't heard of it, it's mostly sold in Asia. Get some. It cures any stomach bug. Seirogan is it's name. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always make sure I have my phone charger. Don't leave home without it! And I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, so excited for you! How blessed your missions are to have you. Have a safe and amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My camera and crossword puzzles. Have a safe and successful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am obsessed with gallon-sized zip-lock bags! They have so many uses!

    Have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good book and Dremamine :) Have a safe trip Kristen. oooh I'm so jealous! luv u.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asia, how exciting! I've never been there. I usually wait 'til the last minute, then throw everything in a bag. One thing I HAVE to remember is my contact lens case and solution.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your trip was fantabulous!

    Jean
    http://www.jeanmatthewhallwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete