29 November 2010

Time to Create Something!

Hey, Friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (to my American readers... to my international readers... I hope you had a great weekend)!

I'm back in my apartment, trying to unpack and get all the last minute stuff done to re-enter life. Sometime during the break I became obsessed with re-organizing my apartment (which I've somewhat started) and I'm itching to do some before I go to sleep at night. Guess my body thinks it's spring, but I'll take it!

Lately I've been feeling the yearning to re-enter my novels. Editing, even. Possibly preparing a query. Making decisions. Is it time? I don't know. Shh, let's not spook the flame of ... whatever this is.

I think I'm just feeling creative right now. I want to find a creative way to use the space in my apartment. I'll spend most of this week helping decorate for my organization's Christmas party. And tomorrow I'm going to decorate my first tree (of my very own) on my desk at work. Maybe that's it. Whatever this is, I like it. Please, spark of inspiration, stay. I like life with you.

And with that, I must go organize something. :0)

See y'all next week!

19 comments:

  1. Do it. Do it. I'm excited for you jumping back in w/ the writing/editing. I'm feeling inspired by all I need to get done before Christmas. A sure motivator.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me inspired to go home after work and clean and organize my house. My husband will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are feeling that creative juice--go for it! Glad your Thanksgiving was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I love to feel creative. Revising? Not so much. ;)

    Happy organizing! I should hire you to do my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! Keep that creative juice flowing! Have a beautiful week. Hugs and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Hope you jump back into your writing, soon. Enjoy and Happy Editing, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right there with you, girl! You're right. It does get the creativity flowing, AND gets you organized. I do feel a more and clear-headed without that job nagging at me.
    And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Wendy... DO IT! A splurge of creativity is an awesome thing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go, girl! When you finish, please come to my house...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy creating and organizing, wherever those energies lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristen -

    Could you send some of that inspiration to me? I need to fan those flames.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get in the mood to reorganize sometimes too! I hope you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo on the tree decorating! :-) Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I once met a very successful author who told me she writes because she can't do anything else. I think I may have taken it further than she meant, but it has always occurred to me that if I could be really successful writing, I could pay someone to do the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! You should definitely jump back in to writing and editing! Good luck and Merry Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, good! Glad that you're back to writing!
    I need to get organzied too. Bringing out all the Christms decorations inspires me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have cleaning frenzies, just like writing ones.

    Have not had the white tornado lately!
    Secret Slob Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like a bit of cleaning too. It usually helps my muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got my sparks flying with this post! I am motivated!!!

    ReplyDelete