11 October 2010

October!

WOOHOOO! October! That's fun!

So... How have y'all been? I've missed you! There's so much to say... too much, after such a long absence. How do you catch up? I've tried to stay somewhat connected, reading y'all's blogs as often as possible. I'm sorry I couldn't be as vocal as I was in the Spring!

So, y'all know about the teams we sent out this summer. And you know about the Chicken Soup story. What else happened? Hmm...

-In August, I went with 3 others from the Ambassador Team to Mexico. We drove there from Gainesville. It was the longest road trip of my life (so far!) and I loved it! We debriefed our final team of the summer, stopped by Houston for a few days, then made our way back.

-A week later, I went to St. Augustine, Fl, with my mother for a long awaited vacation. It was like going home! I love St. Augustine and haven't been there in years. That was a great weekend!

-Um... I was in a car accident two weeks ago. Thankfully, no one was hurt and the Psychedelic Black Knight will live to see another day... after she goes to the "hospital" this week to get a new bumper.

-Finally, my department at Adventures in Missions has been restructured. I was working with the Ambassador (high school) program. I'm still an Administrative Assistant, but now for the Field Support Department Managers. Basically, we manage, care for, send, and debrief all leaders for Youth Group, Adult and Family, College Break, and Youth Individual (formerly Ambassadors) trips, ranging from 3 days to 5 weeks--to both international and domestic locations. Translation: If you would like to go on a missions trip, or anyone in your family wants to go, or if you have friends who want to go, or if your church has a group that wants to go... contact me. I can put you in contact with people who can set it up. And if you would like to lead a trip... please contact me!

The new position is a good fit. It's exciting! I love working with leaders because I've led so many times. I understand what they are going through as they lead and love to pour into them. Like with the Amb program, I am assisting Don and Connie Rock, the managers of this department, who are an incredible. I am so blessed to work with them! We have a larger team (5 full time, 3 part time, 1 volunteer) and we still need a Representative for our Adult and Family trips. So if you know of anyone who's administrative and is willing to move to Gainesville to work with a missions organization, please contact me!

So... this blog. :0)

For right now, I'm coming back slowly. Meaning only one post a week- on Mondays. That's all I can commit to right now. But I'm going to try to make it to y'all's blogs--and comment--at least once a week.

Bye, Friends! See y'all next week!

22 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm only 45 minutes from Gainesville! If you ever come down, let me know. :-)

    Yay for the new position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Soup, car accident and job changes, oh my! :D

    You have been busy. Glad you're back.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu've been busy. miss you! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so happy, Kristen! I'm glad you're back and excited about your new position. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - girl, you are busy! congrats on the Chicken Soup and sorry about the car accident. glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you, Kristen! Sounds like an amazing summer. So glad you enjoy what you're doing. Looking forward to your up-coming posts! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen -

    Wow! Isn't it wonderful when you're doing what you love? Your happiness spills all over the page.

    Welcome back, friend,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you're back! You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! I didn't realize you were so high up in missions. I'm going to keep you bookmarked as a resource!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Kristen, welcome back! It was so nice to see your name pop up in comments--we've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's WONDERFUL to see you and to read about your exciting new position.

    My daughter worked in that capacity a bit and with her international relations master (one day soon, she hopes) she'll have more options, more knowledge, more heart!!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to the blogosphere, Kristen. It sounds like you've had a busy, fulfilling summer and are still loving your job. :) Sorry to hear about the car accident but glad it wasn't too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one busy girl!! Wow! Good to see that your life is full and a blessing to so many.
    I didn't realize you are here in Florida? So many familiar towns:)) I love St Augustine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always wanted to go on a mission trip, but I'm not there yet. If I hear of anyone else interested, I'll be sure to tell them to contact you. What a calling! Sounds like things have been busy and exciting for you, but it's good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristen, wow! It's good to "see" you. :)

    I'm glad you weren't hurt, and that you keep on keepin' on. You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to have you back. Looking forward to seeing you more often, and glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy, busy awesome. Congrats on the new position, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome Back, Sweetie. So glad you weren't hurt in the accident, and you like your new job, and about your CSFS victory. Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to have you back, girl!!
    Sorry aboutt he car accident though. Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so great to have you back....glad you weren't hurt in the accident and that black psychadelic will be up and ready to run again

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sure is good to see you back! I took a little hiatus myself.

    ReplyDelete