27 August 2010

News!

Hey, Friends!

I'm sorry it's been FOREVER since my last post. It's been a crazy--but awesome--summer! We sent 16 teams overseas and their trips were incredible! I can't believe it's over now. For more stories from the trips this summer, you can check out my missions blog at http://kristentorrestoro.myadventures.org.

So, it's August, but I can't "come back" yet. It's a super busy time at work and all my focus is on my personal/professional life right now. Honestly, I have no idea what I'd blog about because I haven't had time to think! So I'm asking for some grace... not that I expect any of y'all to be waiting with baited breath on my return. I need life to settle back into something remotely resembling a schedule before I blog again. Maybe October? Just in time for the craziness of autumn and holidays to start! Ha!

That's not to say I haven't been around. I've visited most of your blogs weekly ever since June. I just haven't been able to comment on yours or post on mine.

But I did want to give you this piece of news. I just found out that my story, Sarafina, will appear in Chicken Soup for the Soul's A Book of Miracles in September. WOOHOOOO!!! This is the first time something I've written will appear in a book, so I'm super excited!



Anywho... must run! Just wanted y'all to know that I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I've enjoyed checking in with y'all, even though I haven't been able to communicate much from my side.

Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kristen, on the sale of your first piece. I'm sooo happy for you!

    I'm glad your summer has been so rewarding. It's wonderful to hear how well things have gone for the missionary teams being sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting and congrats! Wonderful news. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Kristen! Congrats on the publication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kriten, that's awesome! And 16 teams? Wow! What a summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! That's such good news!!! And I'm glad your summer went well. Sounds like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE news!! That's so awesome! My biggest congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! What a way to end your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big, big congrats on your story! That is the coolest news. It's nice to see you here again. Looking forward to reading your stories when you're in a place to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PRAISE GOD!
    I am THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!!

    Patti
    P.S.
    Yes, I miss you at my place! But I will forgive you!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS! What terrific news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You're back and a huge congratulations!! What great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo hoo. that is awesome Kristin...Congrats and look forward to reading the story. And of all the chicken soup books..it's the one on miracles. I think that says a ton about you and the way you live your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on all the good news, Kristen! We're all cheering you on and will be here when you return. :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey friend!
    Super exicted about the story being published! I can't wait to see it in print. I hope things are calming down for you at work. Of course we'll still be here when you return! No worries there :)

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't believe I missed this post! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete