17 May 2010

Unplug Week...

Hey, Friends!

By my calculations, it's time to unplug again. I know I just got back, but I didn't spend any time writing/thinking about this blog...when I'm overseas, I'm mentally all there. Now it's Sunday night, I'm watching the Survivor finale, and have a very full, busy week ahead of me.

So, I'll be around this week... I'll be on your blogs (for those of you who don't unplug) as much as I can be.

But here's some news!

Well...the Genesis results are back and my name wasn't on the list. Definitely disappointing, but it's okay. I'm looking forward to seeing the comments for my entry and seeing what I can do to improve my story. To all of you who finaled, congratulations!

Second, I'm published again! My nonfiction article "Confessions from a Christian" appears in the May issue of Susie magazine. I have to say, it is weird seeing it. I wrote it so long ago--back when I was in India spring of 2009--and I feel like I've lived several lifetimes since then. Also, I don't get to hide behind the title of "fiction". This is a true account of my battle with anxiety. There, I said it. My prayer is that it helps someone who reads it... and that hope is greater than me keeping this secret to myself.

My article is the first one in the mag and sits very close to a short story by Jenny B. Jones. That definitely gave me a thrill! Check it out if you get a chance!

Anywho... have a great week! See y'all Monday!

21 comments:

  1. Cool! Congrats on the article and I hope you have a great unplug week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the cool comment! Very nice. : ) Enjoy your unplugging. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the article. You're making the big time with a piece in Susie. I hope you plan to post a picture of you showing off your work. I'd love to see one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the publication! And I hope you enjoyed Survivor! Highlight of my TV year. :)

    Have fun unplugging. I need to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take as much time as you need. Believe me when I say I know how you feel!
    And congrats on the article! Yippee!!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Just shows for every non-win, a win is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congrats on "Confessions from a Christian"!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your article, Kristen! That would be very cool to see it next to Jen's! What a wonderful confirmation that you're on track even after the disappointment with the Genesis! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always nice to hear about publishing successes!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time resting and regrouping. Congratulations on the article! I'm so proud of you, not only for being published again, but for bringing out your fear into God's healing light. You are one admirable lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the article. I hope your unplug is productive. Did you love the Survivor finale?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being published in Susie! Enjoy your week off:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the article! That's great! And you have a great attitude about the contest. It's always nice when you get helpful feedback. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Kristen!

    I'm back online after being away for four days. Enjoy your unplug week.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Kristen...I'll definitely check out your article and for someone who suffered with anxiety...wow is all I can say. In spite of anxiety...you are doing stuff that amazes me like...like going to the Amazon...you like me...are a fighter. Yeahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy you made it back safely! Congrats on the article being published, too. Wow!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kudos on the article, Kristen, and for the courage to share your experience. I know all too well how hard it is to admit that as Christians with heavenly connections we still get bogged down by earthly problems. I'm sure there will be readers who are blessed by your honesty. Enjoy your unplugged week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kristen, congratulations on the article in Susie! I love that magazine, and know it's playing an important role in girls' lives. I'm sure your story will touch many people.

    One of my articles will appear in the online version of Susie in July. Not quite the print version, but it's close!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your publication!

    As for the unplugging, I'm in perpetual unplug mode, it seems, constantly taking breaks from unplugging to blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on being published...a dream of mine! I don't know about Susie, I'll look for it!

    ReplyDelete