05 March 2010

I Forgot and Pictures of Pink Dolphins (Part 3 of the Amazon)

I forgot:

-the roar of the jungle as you approach the bank, whether it's floating past or cutting the motor when entering a village.


-how fun hammocks are

**Photo by Connie Rock**

-the humidity of this land baking in the sun

-exactly how hot it is inside a mosquito net



**Photo by Connie Rock**

-the unique Peruvian dialect

-how mesmerizing the river is


**Photo by Kristen Torres-Toro 2007**

-the magical pink dolphins

**Photo found on Google Images**

-How to walk up a muddy bank in flip flops

-how fun it is to bathe outside

-the pain of flip flops running against bug bites

-the three dimensional quality of the jungle that cameras cannot capture no matter how hard you try


**Photo by Kristen Torres-Toro 2007**

-the way the river brings everyone together


**Photo by Kristen Torres-Toro 2007**


Well, that's it! Hopefully you feel like you were able to come with me to the jungle. It was an incredible trip. We accomplished our purpose in going--set up for the team-- and personally, it was such a gift. Hopefully God will send me back one day.

Needless to say, I left my heart in the Amazon Jungle.

Here are a few final photos. Enjoy!




-this is a really lucky shot... the dog walked into a frame at the last minute. Dogs in South America must be smarter than dogs in North America. :0)




*Photos by Kristen Torres-Toro 2010*



**Me with friends so dear they are sisters. Above photo by Crystal Reitsma. Bottom photo by Connie Rock.**


See y'all Monday!





**The pink dolphins pictured above look more like porpoises, which is what I saw this time. I've seen the other kind too, in the past. If you go to google images, you'll see more pictures of them**

25 comments:

  1. Wow, Kristen, those pictures are breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intersting pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic! Looks like a great trip, and thank you for taking your time and energy to do some good in the world.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best pictures yet! Love them :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these photos! Have a good weekend.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures and getting a glimpse of your trip! Hope you're getting rested and back to normal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. Sometimes pictures just can't capture real life. Especially some place like the jungle! Why are the dolphins pink?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristen -

    After your last post, I searched for pink dolphins on Swagbucks. Wow! I never knew there was such a thing.

    All your experiences will enrich your writing in ways you never dreamed. :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking us along on this spectular journey! Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mouth is still open from the pink dolphins. On my Facebook I posted some amazing wave photos today.

    Our God created the MOST wondrous things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pictures!! And pink dolphins .... wha-? Those are amazing - I have never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool!!! I love how you said the jungle is three dimensional. Now that I think about it, that's so true. Since I live in Florida, I have an idea about that thick heat too.
    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! Oh! OH! Take me with you next time, please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I showed my sons and daughter these picture too! Thank you for sharing and thank you for being Christ to these people!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool, cool photos. You must have had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sooooo love this! Thanks for the awesome pictures.

    I'm giving you an award on my blog tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous pictures!!! Love the pink dolphins. Believe it or not we learned all about them on Go, Diego Go! last week. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what beautiful photos! I like the things you listed, too. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the pink dolphins. How cool is that? How creative is God? Mind blowing...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pink dolphins are truely one of Amazon's major beauty! Take a look at this video! http://migre.me/sait

    ReplyDelete
  23. pink dolphins are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i was there! my favort coloris pink and favort animal is a dolphin sooooooo that fits well with me! i learned about them the other day! bye

    ReplyDelete