26 February 2010

Hold the Presses!!!! No, Wait--Keep 'Em Going!!!

Hey, Friends! So, a sign of how tired I was--I set this for the wrong day! Sorry it posted late! :0)

I originally planned to talk about my trip to the Amazon today but two things have forced me to postpone the update to next week:

1) I don't have words for how incredible it was and just need to process.
2) I'M PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My short story, "Concert Mania", is in the March issue of Susie Magazine, available in stores now (I purchased mine at Kroger, so I know they carry it) and possibly online at http://susiemag.org next week. I'll let you know if it's posted there--they don't post the whole mag for obvious reasons.

It's a big moment for me. I've been published locally and in university-wide periodicals, but this is my first nationally printed piece since 1998. So I keep staring at it and reading the story over and over. :0)



**Photo by Connie Rock**

Standing there in Kroger with a friend, searching for the article, and then finding it--what a great moment! And how appropo--I just "happened" to have my husband (camera) with me in the car (I don't take him everywhere because he's so big/heavy... so unless something important is going on, he stays at home) to document the occasion.

The best part about joy is sharing it with friends.

And what a way to return to the States!

See y'all Monday!

27 comments:

  1. Missed ya, Kiddo. Too cool about your trip and the publication! Yahoo and Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! That is EXCELLENT!!!

    Love the picture! Can't wait to read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen -

    Yahoo! Congrats on the published story!

    We missed your posts, but know you'll have some great praise reports.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WA-HOO!! I'm doing a happy dance over here for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kristen!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome possum! Great news, Kristen - I'm thrilled for you. I love the picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmm. Heard a rumor about this!!!
    It's true! It's true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. You look so proud and deserve every bit of joy. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHH!!! Congratulations to you!! I'm doing a happy dance for you, that is terrific :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm coming in late here, but CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for you!!! I'm going out and buying the mag this weekend (I just came back from Kroger -- I wished I read this before I left :(

    Congrats!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I'm so excited for you:) It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Will keep an eye out for it at Kroger.
    Happy weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. YO Kristen!!! that is too cool. Gonna have to watch for it...and can't wait to hear about the Amazon trip. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!!! Congratulations! That is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy, happy, joy, joy. Congratulations on being published. Your smile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy for you! Big congrats on what I'm sure is just the beginning. The picture of you is gorgeous - your joy shines from it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeboweeesi' I'm so excited for you! I look forward to reading more of your articles, books, blogs etc. What a gift you have been given! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, so I'm doing the happy dance all over again after seeing this picture. Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your article! What a thrill it is to see that byline.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! I just wanted to let you know that you have an award waiting for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete