18 January 2010

Sometimes It Happens Really Fast...

Hey, Friends! How are you? Happy three day weekend!

So this is going to be an interesting week for me. I'm moving on Friday!

I haven't met my support goal yet, but I am seeing God provide in some cool ways--like a temporary place to live! A girl at AIM is letting me stay with her until I meet my support goal. How cool is that? She rents a basement apartment from a family. The location isn't convenient--about half an hour from the office--but it gets me up there, which is the most important thing of all. I'm excited and anxious, with a mind racing full of lists of things to do. It's easy to get stressed out but I'm trying to make wise decisions and focus on what I value most right now. Extra projects can wait. Even writing can wait. Right now I need to pack and cuddle with my poodle.

The apartment is actually fully furnished and my future roommate has lived there for a while. So my lack of stuff isn't an issue--everything from plates to a bed and dresser are provided. Now I have to sift through everything I've collected over the past few months for my new apartment and see what I can actually take. Until I get my own place, I'll leave a lot of stuff at my parents' house. Since I adapt to big changes slowly, this is actually the best possible way I can do it. Now I just have to go through it all. Right now that seems more monumental than just packing it all up at once!

Anywho, if I seem different this week--noticeably absent from blogs (I'll still come on mine throughout the day and will try to read y'all's, but I might not comment this week) or a bit emotional, that's why. I get like this whenever a big change comes. As soon as I make the transition, it's better. It's just the building up that kills me. I plan to be back as "normal" on Monday.

This is a big week for me--moving, reaching 100 followers (woohoo and thank you everyone!), starting my job full time, and my birthday next Monday! So much to take in! See you then--and hopefully around the blog world this week as well. Thanks, Friends, for understanding and being there. Thanks for your prayers, support, and encouragement!

-K



As thankful as I am for this place to live, I still need help with support. If you've been praying about it and would like to contribute, please go to this post or click here on the AIM site. Thank you so much!

23 comments:

  1. Congrats on the place to live and the 100 followers. All very cool. all the best with that move :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed, as stressful as change is, those big changes are the points we can always look back to as the best times of our lives. That's the stuff life is made of. Try to have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes smoothly with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early birthday. Way to get to 100! I'm tempted to sing the line from Madagasgar 2..."You like to move it, move it."

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Blessings to you this week, Kristen. Transitions are hard and I pray you'll find joy this week in the midst of the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tabitha!

    So true, Stephanie! It's just the actual doing it that isn't fun. But after, it's usually great!

    Thank you, Jennifer!

    Ha! I sing that sing to my poodle sometimes, Wendy. Whenever I think she particularly looks lemur-ish.

    Thank you, Jody! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when God opens doors wide. His timing is always perfect. Good luck in your move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about dealing with change slowly! Take good care of yourself and remember, God guides our every step.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Know that I am praying, Kristen!
    My Naga friend once lived in Calcutta for months, with God daily providing a new home/food. I am grateful you are listening to His voice.

    Today? Clip on at the edits. Try to finish the proposal. Write thank yous. Shop for food. Cook said food.

    Stop!
    Blessings,
    Patti
    www.pattilacy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a crazy-in-a-good-way, week! Praying for you, Kristen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on the move. Sometimes change is good and don't stress, it's not good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your followers, Kristen and praise God for your temporary accomodations. I'm praying for you and all that is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much change and so much to celebrate. I'm really happy for you and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Kristen, I'm praying for you this week. As you know, "All things are possible through Christ." Congrats on all the followers! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you! :) Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of changes coming up! I have no doubt God will see you through the transitions as you depend on him. Enjoy the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, All! Your prayers and encouragement mean so much! Thank you for your kind words and friendship! They mean a lot! And thanks for understanding this unofficial unplug week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kristen, that's wonderful! You're on your way, and I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are in my prayers dear friend. And congrats on the 100 followers! That's AWESOME!!!

    Moving forward is a good thing. Scary, frightening, panic inducing, but good. You're onto the next level! Now THAT'S exciting :)

    Love you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a great moving day! Sounds like it will go smoothly. Praying blessings for you this upcoming year with unlimited possibilities! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kristen -

    Congrats on the 100 Followers!

    Moving days are always a bit stressful, but in a good way. Praying everything works out well for you, including the support issues.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Friends! That means a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. praying for you Kristen...I struggle with changes...even good ones. There's tons of stuff going on for you....take gentle care of you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete