25 November 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Hey, Friends! I so enjoyed your Thanksgiving stories on Monday! Thank you so much for sharing your memories with me! And can I just say, I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to deep fried turkey tomorrow! (For those of you nonSoutherners, I guess I should explain that this is just how we do it in the South. Down here, anything fried is Biblical). WOOHHOO!!! And mashed potatoes. Oh my goodness... I'm making myself hungry again.

This is the last post for the week. I think between the turkey, the watching of football (which bores me--I'd rather play than watch any sport), and the shopping (I'm not a shopper), I'm gonna need a really loooonnnnnggg nap and therefore will be unable to leave y'all an fascinating post on Friday.

I just wanted to say that I'm really thankful for this blogging community. When I stumbled on "blogdom" earlier this year, I wasn't sure I was going to go for it. It's such a commitment, I thought. What if I can't think of anything to write? I feared. And then the age-old, what if no one likes me? I never expected to find such rich friendships with like minded writers! This "underground"... er... cyber, I guess... world is a lot of fun! Thank you all for your friendship, your comments, encouragement, prayers, and laughter! I look forward to seeing all of y'all online!

On another note, I saw a movie on Saturday I wanted to promote. I know that there's a different "hot" movie of the week, but seriously, go check out Sandra Bullock's new movie, "The Blind Side". It's a football movie with a twist--full of great dialogue, awesome characters, and a truly gripping Southern story. I hope you'll like it as much as I did. Then again, Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses. And I love sports movies.



I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, that your time with family and friends is more wonderful than stressful and that the moments hover somewhere between eternity and perfection here on earth. May you eat a lot of great food, find the best Black Friday sales, be safe, and discover awesome stories for future bestsellers. Have a great weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!

See y'all Monday!

24 comments:

  1. Warm wishes for you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving, Kristen! I'm thankful that you decided to pursue your place here in blogdom...you have offered wonderful stories and advice.

    Yep, you betcha I'm a southern gal... and I will have deep fried turkey on Thanksgiving day, yumyum! Along with the taters, peas, and lawd only knows what else. I'll be full as a tick on a bore hog come that night (as my Mom used to say, heehee).

    Love ya! Warm hugs, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Kristen! I plan on joining in on that nap. Turkey has some ingredient that drives me to the bed.

    Thanking God for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the best Kristen and someone yesterday was telling me to go see Blindside. Sandra Bullock is also one of my favorite. Have a great few days. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's one of my favorites too, and she usually picks really good movies.
    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thanksgiving. Enjoy the turkey :) Gosh I miss the American turkey dinners... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've thought about checking this movie out; thanks for sharing your thoughts about it. Thanks, too, for the Thanksgiving wishes, and for making me hungry:) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep fried turkey! Yes, that's a good, Southern dish! Watch that hot grease, though.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dadgumit, I missed Monday! And I'd sure love some deep-fried turkey. Mm-mmm!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been drooling for several days now...it's just pathetic. Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more with the blogging thing. I started earlier this year and the whole "will anyone read" was hard to get over.

    I'm looking forward to seeing that movie as Sandra Bullock is awesome, especially in the Proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, Friends! Thank you! And have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Kristen!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way about the blogger community! Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    I sooooo want to see that movie! I read about it in World magazine and was totally choked up at the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you with Sandra ... and the mashed potatoes. And while I'm at it, the bloggin' too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, Kristen. I had some of the same reservations when I started blogging. I even wrote something about blog brain freeze. My fears were groundless. Over 200 posts later, I'm still going strong.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm am also grateful for your friendship Kristen. I've enjoyed your posts very much. You always have great posts, no need to worry there. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! and try not to eat too much fried turkey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! I make no promises, Ellie!

    Hey, Sande! It's great to meet you! Thanks for coming by!

    Thanks, Susan--I'm really trying to take it day by day. So far God's given me something to say every day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have plenty to say and it's all good.

    I had heard this movie was awesome; I read the story in Reader's Digest. Thanks for the review.

    Bless you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Kristen! I appreciate this blogging community too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have been seeing your name pop up on different blogs and strolled over! GREAT PLACE!!!

    Love that fried turkey idea but haven't done it yet!

    Hope to see you soon at www.pattilacy.com/blog.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Strange... I have American friends but have never heard of fried turkey for the Thanksgiving feast! It does sound tasty, though. Hope you've had a wonderful, thanks-filled Thanksgiving, Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, Patti! Thanks so much for coming by! It's great to meet you! I'll definitely stop by your blog as well!

    Haha, Carol! We love to deep fry our turkeys down here. It's so great... the turkey isn't as dry like that. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to see that movie, the preview really got to me. And I hope your fried turkey was delicious as it sounds and that you had a super holiday!

    ReplyDelete