09 October 2009

Do I Have to Return to Reality? Really?

Hey, Friends!

I'm home again and a little sad to be back in reality. Vacation was great. There's nothing like relaxation, adventure, beautiful scenery, and great friendship to make time fly! I seemed to have returned more tired than when I left, something I hope to remedy soon! It was great to get away and we had so much fun. I'm just so thankful we were able to make this trip. It came at a crucial time for me.

Which leads to my big news--

My life is changing, BIG TIME! Many of y'all know that I'm a missionary. For the past 2.5 years, I've basically been going nonstop. I've loved every second of it and would do it again in a heartbeat, but I am really tired. I've been living out of a suitcase for a long time and it's beginning to take its toll.

This past summer, I found myself at a crossroads. Ironically, I knew it was coming. However, it's timing was quite a surprise. Our conversation went something like this: "Really? You're here now? Because it's a little early." The only response I got was: "Yup. It's now. Deal with it." Eish, that's never fun.

Anywho, after a lot of prayer and baby steps in decision making, things began to fall into place. Every major hurdle I lifted to the Lord was cleared, and now there are only two still to come: raising the support and actually moving. Which brings me to what's going on....

I am coming on staff with Adventures in Missions (www.adventures.org), an interdenominational missions organization located in Northeast Georgia. This is a huge step for me, because up until now I haven't officially been with an organization. It also involves moving closer to the main office, since I will be working with the Ambassador (high school) program. AIM has several different programs, some geared towards college students/graduates, and others for youth groups. Participants can go for as long as a year or as little as a week, depending on the program and trip they are on. The Ambassador program sends high school students on 2 week, 3 week, and 4 week trips. My job is going to be working details behind the scenes (admin stuff), training the students, sending them out, and going myself (of course!).

I'm really excited about this, but it's a big change. Now that it's official, I can actually start getting the word out. Soon I will start working part time for the program, even though I'm not supposed to move until the first of the year. But there's a lot to do in the meantime to get ready! The biggest of which is raising support and getting what I need for my apartment. I gave away/sold everything from my apartment in college after graduation. Now I'm kicking myself for doing that!

This change will also affect how I blog. I'll still post 2-3 days a week and will come by to read your blogs. But I probably won't be able to do it in the same time frame that I usually do. Hats off to all of you moms, wives, and/or multiple career women--I don't know how you do all of that and still write and blog! This last month I especially noticed a tiredness in me. The first thing I did every morning was get on blogland. It's something that's really encouraged me, something that I've really loved to do, but I forgot just how much sitting at a computer drains me. This past week, I decided to change the format of how I blog/converse. Instead of a long session every morning, I'm going to spend just a little bit at a time throughout the day, probably to catch up in the evenings. As I start working part time from home and then move into working full time in January, this might change again. This is just something I'm going to try for now, to see how it fits with my crazy life.

Anywho, that's what's going on with me! I hope y'all had a great couple of weeks! It's good to be back; I've missed you! See y'all Tuesday!




P.S. Those of you who responded saying that you wanted me to give you five words, look for a comment from me this weekend. That's my goal for the immediate future. :0)

Also, if anyone would like information about AIM, if you have a teen who would like to go on a missions trip next summer, or if you'd like information about my position with AIM, feel free to contact me!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your new adventure! I love seeing God open doors that I didn't even see.

    Looking forward to hearing all about your new journey.

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for you, dear friend! You'll enjoy this new adventure! Trust me; I've been there several times myself.

    Happy Friday,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully exciting for you!! I pray this adventure is full of His hand's faithfulness!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Bina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great when God moves all the hurdles out of our way and all systems are go. God bless on your new adventure! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the best for the new adventure. Sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friend, we had the best time on our vacation. I'm so thankful for you. Missionaries, Writers and friends for life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Friends! I really appreciate your encouragement! This is my first official announcement about this position, so your response means a lot!


    Vikki--YEBO, Sisi!!!! Definitely for life! Love you, thanking God for you, and am so glad we had that adventure together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're back. This news is so exciting. Congratulations. It seems like the perfect opportunity for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing opportunity for you, Kristen! Welcome back. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds awesome! Congratulations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is so cool. Even in your post I hear your excitement. I did catch that you mentioned you're tired a few times so I'm praying for you. I think it's awesome how much you love God and are willing to live your life giving back. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new opportunity! We all have to make adjustments in our blogging/commenting from time to time. It's called, "life."

    May the Lord work out every detail of this move. :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! What exciting news. Good luck with the transition. As for juggling, I tend to strive to read 20 blogs a day. Since many bloggers follow set days to post, I usually catch their blogs at least once a week with this system.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tara, that's a great idea! Thanks!!!

    Haha, Susan! That's so true. It really is life. Thanks for the laugh!

    Sarah--thanks so much for the prayer! I really appreciate it!

    I've missed y'all a lot! Thanks for all the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new ministry position. God never lets us get too comfortable, there is always another level He wants to take us to and this is your new level.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for my five words! I will get right to work.

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a wonderful new opportunity for you! It is so hard to balance all of life's responsibilities and challenges! But hopefully you'll find a system that works for you!

    ReplyDelete