8 hours ago
25 August 2009
Thank you, Academy!!!
So, it's official! I'm back in the States! And there's definitely a "woohoo" element to that, because while I truly love being overseas, this was a bit of a rough trip for me, travel-wise. Coming back was highly stressful, because I had a very tiny layover in London and seriously thought I was going to be stranded again. Praise God, that didn't happen! Well, to me at least. My suitcase is still somewhere far, far away. Anywho, I am in America. I am jet-lagged and not thinking straight at all. Of course, there are many who would argue that I usually don't anyway.
So, many of y'all will see me on your blogs this week, replying to your posts. I'm excited to do that again. If I say something loopy, please forgive me. My regular posting schedule will begin next week, however, I will come back before then and post about India. I just need to get my pics up and my thoughts somewhat organized first!
First, however, I have two people that I need to thank. The first is the illustrious JStantonChandler, who nominated me on her blog, Woolgatherings, for the creative blogger award last week. Thank you, Jen!
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated
Here are 7 things about me:
1. I love being outside. In the Spring, Summer, and Fall, I do everything I can to go outdoors.
2. I have a poodle, Mitsi Gail Boodylicous. Yes, she does answer to that name. And no, she is completely unaware that being a poodle is a laughable "profession". She's pretty confident that she is ferocious and reminds the UPS man of that whenever he drives through the neighborhood.
3. Even though I was born, bred, and raised in the South, I don't like sweet tea. And despite being a former college student and the fact that I'm currently a missionary, I don't drink coffee either. I don't like hot tea unless it's authentic Indian chai. I am, however, as all good Southerners should be, addicted to Coca-Cola. Just a little bit. Actually, who am I kidding? Just a lot. :0)
4. I'm also addicted to sunshine.
5. Growing up, my best friend was a military brat. I told her one day that I could never do what she does, that I would never leave my hometown. I went to three colleges in five years (that were in different parts of the State), and have traveled to or lived in what will be 22 countries by the end of September. I love what I do, but I can honestly say that I NEVER expected to do it!
6. My favorite color is purple, but I love all things bright. My goal in life is to always look like I just came off the beach (unless I'm overseas). And to be the Christian Loralai Gilmore. But that's a whole 'nother story. And I wear sunglasses pretty much all the time. And flip flops. And sleevless shirts.
7. If I could go back to school and study anything, it would be photography. And Hebrew and Greek. I want to read the Bible in the original languages. And marine archeology, because that's just awesome. I'm that person who believes that now that she is finished with school and never has to go back, she can actually start learning things that interest her.
And now I get to pass the award on! Woohoo! By the way, this really hard. All of you deserve it. Also, I tried really hard to award this to people who haven't received it yet. Just wanted to make someone else's day as Jen made mine!
The Lucky Seven are:
1. The writers at Novel Matters
2. Vikki at Life is a Stage
3. Krista at Krista's Reflections
4. Jon Chandler at Jon Chandler Photography
5. Jennifer Hudson Taylor at Author Jennifer Hudson Taylor
6. Candee Fick at Encouragement for the Journey
7. Jessica at My Thoughts Exactly
Congratulations to all!!!
Also, mucho thanks to the awesome Kelly Moran of Author Kelly Moran, who nominated me last week for the Lemonade Blog Award!
The Lemonade Award is a feel good award that shows gratitude or a great attitude. Here are the rules:
~Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog or post.
~Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
~Link your nominees within your post.
~Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
~Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.
And the award goes to...
1. Jody Hedlund of On the Path
2. Katie Ganshert of Brain Throw Up
3. Cindy R. Wilson of Cindy R. Wilson
4. JStantonChandler of Woolgatherings
5. Wendy of All in a Day's Thought
6. Heather Sunseri of Balance With Purpose
7. Jeannie Campbell of Where Romance Meets Therapy
8. Toni-Lyn Keller of TLK Photography
9. Candee Fick at Encouragement for the Journey
10. Jessica at My Thoughts Exactly
Wow. My brain is exhausted. If any of these links don't work, please forgive me! I enjoy each and everyone of your blogs, so it's been fun to "bless" you! Have a great day! I'll talk with you soon!!!