17 July 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my writing blog!

My name is Kristen Torres-Toro and I am a writer, a missionary, and a dreamer. Born, bred, and raised in the South, I love the haunting beauty of Southern fiction, its deep connection to nature, the rich storylines, and quirky characters. Most of all, I love to explore the most powerful themes of Scripture through the use of imaginative Story, to follow the example that Christ laid forth while He walked on earth. It is for that reason--and the fact that I can't quiet the random voices in my head--that I write fiction.

My goal isn't fame or fortune; it's to reach as many people as I can with the name and love of Christ. I am a missionary as well as a writer. To date I have traveled to more than sixteen countries and have lived on five different continents, sharing the power of the gospel whenever and however I can. Writing and missions are married passions for me, two loves that I cannot separate no matter how badly I try. Each fuels the other in a way that I can't fully explain or even understand. Both are my calling.

I have a blog dedicated solely to missions, located at ktsummer.blogspot.com. However, as I have begun to actively pursue a writing career in the past few months and have learned more about the business of writing, I have realized that I need a separate blog solely devoted to writing, building my online presence as a writer in an online community, and constructing a resume. That is the purpose of this blog. However, if at times my two passions bleed into each other and onto this page, please forgive me.

This blog is an honest account of my life, my thoughts on writing and publication, my hopes and dreams. I'll review books here, discuss current, relevent issues, and also have some creative fun. Whenever something I write is published or anything else exciting happens, you'll know, mostly because I won't be able to stop screaming from excitement! Hopefully, this blog will encourage and inspire you. Please feel free to comment! I'd love to get to know you! Let's have fun and explore this exciting, big world of publishing together!

Have a great day! And, it's great to "meet" you!

-Kristen Torres-Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment